Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Crazy Bitch

Anyone else think of Buckcherry? The feminist in me wants to hate that song, but it's just so catchy. I'm just checking in today to say...I'm a crazy bitch. If you had caught me about an hour ago, I would have fought you on this fact...and likely cut you. However, the wild swinging pendulum that is my mood has now swung and I will admit it. I'm absolutely, certifiably nuts.



First of all, you should know that I'm dressed like a unicorn today. That's not really relevant to the story except for that it has significantly contributed to how crazy I feel. But, I'll back up to what happened before I had to get dressed for work this morning. So, I'm using OPK's again this month. I got a questionable positive on Sunday afternoon. I assume that ovulated Monday afternoon, but I'm not really sure. So, Garrison and I got romantic on Sunday, Monday, and yesterday morning. Well...."romantic" meaning that I woke him up with an elbow to the side and said, "You've got 10 minutes before I have to get in the shower."



For the last few days, he's been a really good sport. He got right to the point and even squeezed in a little spooning afterwards. Then, this morning, he suddenly was offended at my advances and wanted a little more romancing. I responded to his need for a little intimacy and affection by bursting into tears and stomping down the hall to the shower. Did the shower calm me down? Oh no, this fit of rage lasted right into breakfast where I slammed pots and pans around while making eggs. I kept right on screaming at him as I pulled on my golden furry costume with the hooves. Do you have any idea how hard it is to get someone to take your tantrum seriously while pinning on your tail?? Then, my tirade continued as I passive-aggressively ignored texts from my husband and cried my way down the highway to work.

Then, I pulled myself together, pulled on my furry headpiece with the unicorn horn, held my head high and walked into the building. As soon as I walked inside, I felt great. Not just in a good mood, but positively giddy. Walking on cloud nine. Giving high-fives, cracking jokes, and bouncing around the room.



Perhaps it was the gold sequins on my costume, but I'm pretty sure it had something to do with that little pill called Progesterone. That stuff makes me absolutely BATTY. I can go from being ready to scratch a coworker's eyes out to hysterical laughter to a sobbing puddle all within 10 minutes.

So, I'm not sure about my timing this month. I had felt pretty good about it until my husband decided to hold out on me this morning. Yes, I know. It's now two days past the day that I suspect that I ovulated and that is way too late to conceive. But, I reserve the right to blame him if I'm not pregnant. And you can bet that I will make him pay dearly for that.

The best part of the whole day? The text I received from Garrison about 15 minutes ago apologizing for HIS behavior this morning. Sigh. Poor bunny. If he escapes all of this without PTSD it will be a miracle.



I just added a new recipe to the recipe page. It's amazing. It's Sweet Potato and Garbanzo Bean Curry. Sweet Potatoes are good for fertility! I stole it from another site, so I can't take credit. Try it served over some brown rice. It's amazing.
Anyone else feeling a little crazy from all of this TTC madness? Are any of your partners feeling a little used and abused? How do you handle it?

1 comment:

  1. I'm not currently trying to get pregnant, but I remember driving the hubs CRAZY when we were working on our son. I never thought HE'D be the one saying no! I also was absolutely crazy during that time. Men always seem to think, "When it happens, it happens." How maddening! Good luck to you! I love reading the blog, by the way.

    ReplyDelete